A personalized diabetes prevention and management program designed by a team of diabetes scientists and technologists
with two-way communication and peer support
CLICK HERE FOR HabitNu Carb Tracker
Track diet and exercise with HabitNu
Get support from our expert diabetes educators
Get connected seamlessly to your healthcare professionals
About Type 2 Diabetes
- Your pancreas produces a hormone called insulin. Insulin works to store the excess sugar in liver and muscle.
- When you have type 2 diabetes, insulin cannot properly store sugar because your muscle and liver become insensitive to insulin. As a result, you have too much sugar in your bloodstream.
- Having too much sugar in the blood is dangerous, leading to problems with kidneys, eyes, extremities and other organs.
- In most cases, type 2 diabetes is linked to carrying too much weight, especially in the abdomen. Losing weight, and keeping it off is the way to manage diabetes. Losing a modest 5% of the body weight can produce dramatic improvements in your health.
- Medication can help, but so can improving your habits in diet and exercise.
- Maintaining a healthy weight means making good choices about what you eat as well as how much you eat.
Why Use HabitNu?
It is easy and it works !
- Keeping a food diary is important if you are diabetic. Maintaining a food diary increases your awareness of what, how much and why you are eating.
- Keeping track of your physical activity will help you know if you are getting enough exercise, and will inspire you to exercise more.
- The Prana platform enables phone-based monitoring of key health parameters such as blood sugar, blood pressure, diet and exercise through HabitNu.
- Our HabitNu app is more than a record-keeping system for calories and carbohydrates. In a simple interactive framework, we help you understand what you eat and track your blood sugar levels.
- We send reminders to you and your supporters to help you remain on track.
- Your health records will be stored in our privacy-compliant cloud platform, that you can share it with your doctors if you choose.
Behind the scenes
In partnership with: